- UCLA LearnIt: This is your portal to an array of training materials, including Lynda and thousands of excellent ebooks on technical subjects.
- WordPress Codex: The “codex” is the place where WordPress collects all its help documentation, much of which is excellent.
- Digital Humanities Questions and Answers: This is a very friendly community where you can read other people’s digital humanities-related questions or post your own.
- The Praxis Program, based at the University of Virginia’s Scholars’ Lab, helped me figure out how to structure this assistantship, and its site includes many resources (on project planning, design, etc.) that will be helpful to you.
- nettuts+, web development tutorials (via Anna).
Web-Design Resources (Courtesy of Jeremy Boggs)
- 45 Free Lessons in Graphic Design Theory
- Mark Boulton, A Statement of Design Intent
- McDaniel, Design Criticism and the Creative Process
- Santa Maria, Grey Box Method
Journals, Magazines, Galleries
- A List Apart
- Wireframes Magazine
- CSS Mania
- Pattern Tap
- Media Queries
- Web Design Ledger
- 24 Ways
- Contents Magazine
- Brown, Communicating Design
- Boulton, Designing for the Web (and other great books from Five Simple Steps)
- Zeldman, Designing with Web Standards
- A Book Apart series
- Adams et al., The Art and Science of CSS
- Lupton, Thinking with Type
- The Manual
Designers and Web Creatives
- Mark Boulton
- Andy Clarke
- Gina Bolton
- Jason Santa Maria
- Jeremy Keith
- Jeffrey Zeldman
- Mandy Brown
- Frank Chimero
- Erin Kissane